The following terms and conditions form an integral part of your agreement with Orbex Limited and shall be read carefully; Orbex LIMITED does not bear any liability for clients who fail to comply with them. For more information, please contact us.
Orbex Forex Broker strives to ensure that the market watch is accurate and prices are obtained from several major banks/liquidity providers/exchanges; in case of closure/failure of one or more price provider for any or all CFDs, quotes will be provided which will reflect what the company thinks to be the current Bid and Ask price for each CFD; we do not guarantee that our prices are the best prices available on the world market.
The Client agrees hereunder that our market watch is only an indicator of the current world market and any misunderstanding regarding this service must be returned to Orbex Operations data.
Moreover, charts for all traded instruments are drawn according to the default spreads, and may differ from the prices displayed on the market watch according to your account type because of differences in markups.
Orbex Forex Broker offers clients competitive spreads on all instruments, but may rarely make small increases on some or all instruments; ensuring that it provides the best available market conditions and tightest spreads, since one of our most important objectives is to ensure that your orders are executed at the best market price and that you get the tightest spreads available.
At order execution, we apply our markup on the best available market prices according to your Trading account type, all transparent markups are published in the below table, which demonstrates the markup value as a fraction of PIPs for each account type and currency pair.
At order execution, we apply our markup on the best available market prices according to your account type. As a result, the markup effect on the spread is shown in the table below, which demonstrates the lowest possible spread in PIPs for each account type and currency pair taking into consideration that our spreads are variable. The below table demonstrates the best spreads available (as low as) for each forex account type and currency pair:
|Account Type||Classic Account||Standard Account||Premium Account||VIP Account||Copy Trading|
|SPREADS||1.9 Pips Fixed spread||As low as 1.5 pips||As low as 1.2 pips||As low as 0.8 pips||As low as 1.5 pips|
Orbex forex broker allows clients to open positions in the opposite direction of previously opened positions in the trading account, to reduce loss and to decide later when to enter the market.
Hedging an instrument by its corresponding Future OTC contract is forbidden (for swap-free accounts), because this represents an attempt to take advantage of the swap free facility and gain profits from swaps, one direction of this kind of hedge must be closed immediately. If the client fails to take action to avoid such practices, Orbex will, unfortunately, be required to close or take other action (by deducting the swaps retroactively or any other means) on these accounts without further notice.
Hedged positions will be held in the trading account without affecting the required margin value, since the required margin is calculated for each instrument according to the net positions opened at a specific moment.
The following orders may be given by the client:
All future trades are classified as market orders, and will be executed according to the market prices provided from its corresponding exchange at the time of execution; in addition, exchange fees may apply.
Rollover: Futures-OTC contracts will not be rolled over automatically, neither accepting rollover requests from clients; in the case of any client need to rollover a future-otc position/s, open positions on the current contract can be closed and reopened at the next nearby future-otc contract before the last trading day for each contract. Available Futures instruments:
Where margin, contract size, and general contract specifications are displayed in the Markets Section of the website, and updated periodically.
Shall mean a ratio in respect of Transaction Size and Initial Margin, 1:100 ratio means that in order to open a position, the Initial Margin required is one percent of the original contract value.
The 1 (one) standard lot size is the measurement unit specified for each CFD contract. The possible choice of a leverage rate ranges from 1:1 up to 1:500 depending on the type of the CFD, the amount of trading volume active in the account and at the Company's discretion. At the opening of the Client Account, the leverage rate is set at 1:50 by default. The Client may change the leverage of his Client Account by contacting the Company. The Company has the right to allow a change to the Client Account leverage at the Company's discretion. In addition, the Company may, at its discretion, change the Client Account Leverage without any prior notice to the Client.
Regardless of your account type or the amount of equity you have in your account, the leverage you will be allocated to trade with will be determined by the amount of trading volume you have in active use at any given time. As your trading volume exceeds one range, the trading platform will automatically adjust your leverage according to the chart below:
|Trading Volume Conditions||Leverage|
|Active trading volume up to 20 lots||up to 1 : 500 *|
|Active trading volume between 20 to 40 lots||up to 1 : 300 *|
|Active Trading volume above 40 lots||Up to 1 : 100 *|
*The default leverage on all accounts is 1:50 based on CySEC regulation. Higher leverage will be available only upon client's request and will be executed at our sole discretion.
**Professional accounts will be handled individually and may not follow the above leverage rules.
***In compliance with the regulatory requirements of Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF), the maximum leverage for clients from Poland is 1:100
Utilizing a high level of leverage may extend your trading possibilities and lead to larger gains as well as higher risks; risks might be reduced by following a strict trading strategy at the opening and closure of your transactions. For further information, please talk to a Live Support Representative, or view details in the Contact Us section on our corporate website.
The client must abide the rules as declared on the Orbex forex broker corporate website Contract Specification section for each CFD, including the margin requirements; and the Client shall provide and maintain the Initial Margin within such limits as the Company, at its sole discretion, may determine, set, or update.
It is the Client's responsibility to ensure that he understands how a Margin is calculated.
Orbex has the right to amend any entry in the Contract Specifications section for each CFD including margin requirements, and these changes may take effect on both new and existing/open positions/trades; which may be declared through an internal mail message or on the company's corporate website; unless a Force Majeure Event has occurred.
In case of a Force Majeure Event, Orbex has the right to change Margin requirements without prior written notice to the Client. In this situation, the Company has the right to apply new Margin requirements to new positions and to positions which are already open.
If the Equity to Margin (necessary margin) ratio falls below 5% at any time, Orbex has the right to close any or all of the Client's open positions without the Client's consent or any prior written notice. In order to determine if the Client has breached this clause, any sums referred to therein which are not denominated in the Currency of the Client Account shall be treated as if they were denominated in the currency of the Client Account by converting them into the currency of the Client Account at the relevant exchange rate for spot dealings in the foreign exchange market.
The Client is responsible for notifying the Company as soon as he believes that he will be unable to meet a Margin payment when due.
The Company has no obligation to make Margin Calls for the Client.
Where the Company effects or arranges a transaction involving an instrument, the Client should note that, depending upon the nature of the transaction, he may be liable to make further payments when the transaction fails to be completed or upon the earlier settlement or closing out of his position. He may be required to make further variable payments by way of Margin against the purchase price of the instrument, instead of paying (or receiving) the whole purchase (or sale) price immediately. A movement in the market price of the Client's investment will affect the amount of margin payment he will be required to make. The Client agrees to pay the Company on demand such sums by way of margin as are required from time to time under the rules of any relevant Market (if applicable) or as the Company may, at its discretion reasonably require for the purpose of protecting itself against loss or risk of loss on present, future or contemplated transactions under this Agreement.
Slippage involves executing any given trade on a specific price different from the expected price sent or preset by the client. This may take place during highly volatile market conditions such (but not limited to) economic or political news; the order will be filled at the next best available market price because, but not limited to - the desired/preset order price is not available, or because higher spread differences are applied in the corresponding exchanges of the traded instrument.
Orbex does not apply slippage under normal market conditions, and applies it on stop pending entry or liquidation orders during times when Orbex is closed or when - but not limited to - there is a weekend or bank holiday, international economic events or hectic market movements. In this case, stop orders will be filled on the opening price which ORBEX finds suitable.
Clients acknowledge that slippage might occur as per the liquidity providers’ terms and conditions and that this is beyond the control of Orbex Limited and agrees to waive Orbex Limited from any liability that may arise subjective to any damage or expense or loss incurred by the Client, in relation to or directly or indirectly arising from but not limited to such terms and conditions.
Physical acquisition by the client of any traded CFD at a specific delivery point worldwide.
Orbex does not offer delivery for any position held, opened or closed at the trading platform
Scalping is a trading strategy through which the trader (Scalper/Pip Hunter) attempts to take advantage of small price moves and narrow ranges by making many transactions on small price changes over a small time frame.
Shall refer to the situation in which the Client opens a position and closes it in a very short time, usually trading incorrect spikes in the market, or taking advantage of feed indicative prices.
Orbex has the right to take any necessary actions similar to scalping clients, at its sole discretion, and without any prior written notice to protect itself since this action is prohibited.
Orbex allows placing market orders before or during financial news releases.
However, placing stop orders prior to the release of financial news is not permitted, such orders may be rejected, deleted or filled at the best available market prices at that time.
Orbex allows trading via phone in case of emergencies; all telephone calls placed through the Dealing Desk are recorded by our recording system; records are kept for 10 days. All conversations concerning price quote requests, order placement and execution, confirmations, and any other trading related issues, are also generally recorded to ensure fairness and accuracy for all parties involved in the delivery and execution of a trading order.
Instructions for placing an order with the dealing desk by phone:
The Expert Advisor and Trailing Stop facilities are activated by default. They must not violate any trading conditions listed, and in addition, the following conditions apply:
To determine a stop out level for an account type, please refer to the table below.
As well, please be advised that all pending orders for the stopped out account will be deleted, and any deficit that may result after liquidation will be handled and covered by Orbex.
Orbex forex Broker offers Islamic (swap-free) accounts to comply with Islamic Shariah law; this is also an advantage for all traders who hold their positions for multiple days without being aware of swaps or overnight fees; thus, a trading account would not pay, or be paid for holding a position for more than one business day.
Any client who misuses this advantage by holding his floating positions for a long time period, taking advantage of the swap-free facility and gaining profits from swaps must close the floating positions immediately, bearing in mind that these fees are handled by ORBEX and not paid by clients.
Furthermore, hedging a currency pair by its corresponding Future CFD and/or hedging positions on a swap based account against positions on a swap free account is forbidden, because these also represent attempts to take advantage of the swap free facility and gain profits from swaps; one direction of this kind of hedge must be closed immediately.
Moreover, certain instruments will be charged Storage Fees on daily basis as explained below:
|Instrument||Storage fees per lot||Charged on|
|AUDUSD||15 USD or Equivalent||After Day 9|
|NZDUSD||15 USD or Equivalent||After Day 9|
|USDTRY||45 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|EURTRY||45 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDDKK||10 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDNOK||10 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDSEK||10 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDZAR||25 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDMXN||25 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
|USDCNY||10 USD or Equivalent||From Day 1|
If the client fails to take action to avoid such practices, Orbex will unfortunately be required to close or take any necessary action on these accounts without prior written notice.
Orbex Clients can execute trades 24 hours a day from 00:05 on Monday until 23:30 on Friday (Cyprus Time), except for some instruments which halt at different times such as a break; the trading schedules and more specific information on each instrument is available through our website or within the MT4 platform. We are required to perform maintenance on our servers each night from 23:58 to 00:02 EET ( Eastern European Time ). During this time all trading is halted on the platform.
Orbex offers one type of order execution (Market execution) on all account types for corporate and individuals. All orders are filled according to the fair market value.
Market execution specifications are indicated in the table below :
|Instrument Postfix||Example : GBPUSD|
|Buy/Sell order execution||at the Best available price|
|Limit/Stop order execution||at the Preset price *|
|Max. lot per deal||50 Lots **|
|Buy/Sell order cancellation||No|
|Expert Advisor / Trailing Stop||Yes|
|Max. Transaction Per Account||300|
* In Normal Market Conditions, otherwise, orders will be executed at the next best available market price
** Value may vary according to the account type
*** In Normal Market Conditions
Clients who wish to report a trading error are kindly requested to send an email to dealingdesk@Orbex.com, or to call us directly.
Client must provide the following information so that we can assist in the event of a problem:
The client must inform Orbex of any trading error within 24 hours of the error time; otherwise, Orbex will not investigate the error.
Any trading error for which the company is responsible will be amended.
1. The Client acknowledges that bank wiring instructions are only provided to him by the Company along with the account details and confirmation letter.
2. The Company does not accept funds and/or payments for any trading account via a third party and the company will not proceed in any funding of a trading account unless the depositor’s name matches the name of the trading account holder. Restrictions on third party payments are set by banks and their respective authorities, which have developed extensive procedures, regulations, and laws to stop the transfer of illegal funds, commonly known as money laundering. This agreement provides the client with the assurance that funds from his account are never paid out to another party.
3. The client's trading account must be established for trading purposes only. The company is not a bank, nor does it keep deposits as a bank. The company keeps deposits only to maintain margins supporting the trading account and trading activities.
4. The company specifies that in any case of funds being deposited and/or payments being processed by any person to the Company, without that person having a trading account and/or trading activities with the Company, the full amount of the said fund and/or payment will be returned from the Company to the person concerned using the same information and depositing channel used by the person for that specific deposit and refund fees may apply.
5. The Company actively complies with all anti-money laundering laws and regulations under all applicable domestic laws. On an ongoing basis, the company shall review clients' account activity for evidence of suspicious transactions that may be indicative of money laundering activities. This review may include surveillance of:
6. The Client may deposit funds into the Client Account at any time. Deposits will be accepted by bank transfer, debit / credit card, Skrill, or any other method of electronic money transfer/electronic wallets (where the originator is the Client) acceptable by the Company from time to time. The Client acknowledges that further information in relation to the deposit methods, deposit and withdrawal processing time and fees is available for the Client at the Company’s Website-Trading Accounts-Account Funding page, and he accepts that the said information is an integral part of this Agreement.
7. The Company will effect withdrawals of Client funds, either upon the receipt of a form bearing the signature of the Client which must match the specimen signature of the Client provided by him to the Company and if accordance to clause 24.7. of the Client Agreement or upon an application for withdrawal made via the My Orbex Area.
8. Upon the Company receiving an instruction from the Client to withdraw funds from the Client Account, the Company shall pay the said amount within five Business Days once, if the following requirements are met:
9. Withdrawals will only be affected towards the Client. The Company has the right in its absolute discretion not to affect withdrawals to any other third party or account. The Company will not affect withdrawals to anonymous accounts.
10. The Client accepts that the full amount of his first deposit will be returned by the Company to the Client, upon a withdrawal request, to the same bank account and/or credit card and/or electronic wallet account the Client used for his first deposit.
11. The Client acknowledges that the Company will not proceed with a withdrawal request of the Client when such a request is send by a different account name other than the one used by the Client for his last deposit.
12. The Client agrees that when making a deposit of a certain amount through a specific bank account and/or card and/or electronic wallet, will be obliged to withdraw the full amount of that specific deposit from that specific bank account and/or card and/or electronic wallet before using another withdrawal method.
13. The Company reserves the right to decline a withdrawal request of the Client asking for a specific transfer method and the Company has the right to suggest an alternative.
14. The Client accepts the fact that delays may occur for deposits and withdrawals requests to be processed if the Company and/or any other bank and/or card processor and/or electronic wallets service provider are unable to verify the information provided by the Client.
15. All payment and transfer charges will be borne by the Client and the Company shall reflect the Client Account for these charges.
16. The Client agrees that the Company has the right to charge the Client any service fee, including deposit and withdrawal fees, charged by any bank and/or card processor and/or electronic wallets service provider, at any time and at the Company’s sole discretion and without the consent of the client.
17. If the Client has any obligation to pay any amount to the Company which exceeds the Equity in the Client Account the Client shall pay the excess amount immediately once the obligation arises.
18. If the Client makes a payment by bank transfer, by credit card or any other method of electronic money transfer, the Company shall credit the Client Account with the relevant amount within one Business Day after the amount is cleared in the bank account of the Company.
19. Where a payment is due to the Company by the Client but enough cleared funds are not yet credited to the Client Account, the Company shall be entitled to treat the Client as having failed to make a payment to the Company and to close out the Client’s Open Positions, exercise other default remedies against the Client and exercise its rights under the Agreement.
20. The Client shall effect any margin payments or other sums due and payable to the Company in Euros, Great Britain Pounds, Swiss Francs, US dollars or Japanese Yen. The payment amount will be converted into the Currency of the Client Account at the rate determined by the bank of the Company.
21. Any amount which is not paid in accordance with clause 24 of the Client Agreement on the due date thereof shall bear interest at the Applicable Rate plus 4% per annum, for each day for which such amount remains unpaid.
22. The Client acknowledges and accepts that when his bank and/or card and/or electronic account currency is different from the deposit currency assigned and/or the currency of his trading account, the currency conversion will be performed by the bank and/or card processor and/or electronic wallets service provider of the Client, at the prevailing exchange rate of the day and fees might apply.
23. The Client is fully responsible for the payment details given to the Company and the Company accepts no responsibility for the Client’s funds, if the details provided by the Client are wrong.
24. Client’s deposits and withdrawals by wire transfer are subject to 0.00% Company fees but other fees may apply by the Banks. Bank fees vary from one transaction to another as each transaction is considered a different case.
25. The Client agrees that withdrawals will only be credited by wire transfer to the client's personal bank account that was submitted in the Customer Account Agreement or submitted through the new account registration form on the Orbex Corporate website.
26. The Client hereby confirms and acknowledges that any payment(s) made by Credit Card(s), will bear the Client’s name and will be credited into Client’s account(s) held with the Company and that the sole purpose for such payments is in accordance with the purpose of this Agreement signed with the Company.
27. The Client acknowledges and agrees that the funding of the accounts by credit card is done directly from the company website. The client understands and accepts that the name on the credit card must match the name of the client on the account with the company and that any deposits that do not match the above description will be rejected. All fees that apply will be charged to the sender.
28. The Client accepts the advice of the Company for him to allow the visual contact of the 6 first and the last 4 digits of his card number only; and cover the CVV numbers of the back side of the card before sending a copy of his Card to the Company, for security purposes. The Client accepts that the rest of the information should remain visible such as the card holder Name, Expiry Date and Bank Name.
29. The Client accepts that the Company has the right to reject any credit card payments coming from high-risk regions.
30. The Client acknowledge and accept that all credit card transactions (deposits) are non-refundable and irrevocable.
31. The Client accepts that, for the protection of both the client and the Company, the Company may withhold orders that appear fraudulent for manual review and if necessary call the Client to confirm the order and if the Client cannot be reached within a reasonable period of time, the order may be cancelled.
32. The Client agrees that in any case of the Company confirming a fraudulent deposit made by the Client through any deposit method, the Company has the right to refund the deposited amount and/or apply a zero balance and equity to the trading account of the said Client and/or close any trading account of the said Client and/or deny the withdrawal of any profits and/or the coverage of any loss and/or waive any liability related to any loss of the client and/or reserve any legal right to take any legal action against the said Client at any jurisdiction.
33. The Client confirms that the deposits by credit card are subject to 0.00% Company fees but other fees may apply by the Credit Card Companies.
34. The Client further confirms and acknowledges that the right of the Chargeback shall not be permitted in cases when the Company has already executed a requested transaction.
35. The Client hereby confirms and acknowledges that the right of the Chargeback shall not be permitted if the Credit Card(s) has been stolen taking into consideration the 3D secure policy, used by the Company, by which such payment(s) are not approved.
36. The Client confirms and acknowledges that due to the type of services and activities provided by the Company, the Client is not permitted to claim that the performance did not correspond to a written description so as to cancel the services. Should the Client request the Chargeback claiming that the performance did not correspond as per the Client’s instruction, the Client confirms and acknowledges that the Company has the right to provide any relevant entity/person, with the required documentation in regards to such Client’s account(s), in order to prove any transactions/allegation.
37. The Client confirms and acknowledges that the Company will not be held responsible regarding any delays that may occur in regards to Credit Car(s) transactions, caused by third parties, during the process of such transactions, or due to any other laws/impediments given or made in any jurisdiction at such given time of any such transactions.
38. In the event of a dispute related to Chargeback, the Client agrees that the Company has the right to withhold the Chargeback in a reserve until the dispute is finalized. The Client understands and agrees that it may happen, as a consequence of the reserved Chargeback, that such Chargeback may reflect on any of the transaction(s) of the Client’s account(s).
39. The Client shall be liable for all and any costs paid to the credit card processor or bank(s), other parties, attorney’s fees and other legal expenses, and the reasonable value of the time that the Company spent on the matter, incurred during the process of the dispute resolution.
40. To the extent permitted by law, the Company may set off against the Balances for any obligation and liability of the Client, including without limitation any Chargeback amounts.
41. The Client accepts that the Company has the right to apply any exceptions to the terms of this section (section 24) at its sole discretion and for whatever reason and/or when such exceptions are considered at the opinion of the Company necessary and/or appropriate for the execution of such terms and/or when such terms are impossible to be executed for any reason and/or person.
42. The Client agrees that the Company may, at its own discretion and at any time and/or when in its sole opinion an abuse of the 0.00% transfer fees benefit has occurred, request and/or deduct any and/or all the transfer fee amounts from the client’ s account(s) and/or close the client’s account(s) and/or take any other action may consider necessary, as a compensation for the said abuse.
Funding accounts by credit card is done directly from the company website.
Terms and conditions for credit card payments
- The company: NONE
- Credit card companies: YES
The Deposit Form includes the company's bank information, according to which wire transfers will be made. The Client's Trading account balance will be adjusted accordingly once we receive the funds.
Clients must ensure that beneficiary of the transfer is The Company.
Clients should include the following information as a reference in the transfer:
Clients deposit and withdrawal transactions by wire transfer are subject to the following fees:
Bank fees vary from one transaction to another as each transaction is considered a different case. These variations are due to the following reasons:
No wire transfers are allowed before receipt of the official account opening confirmation letter.
In the event of any dispute arising regarding the customer account(s) and/or any open or closed positions within the customer account, ORBEX has the right to internally investigate and audit the account(s) including all open and closed transactions. Simultaneously, the funds in the account(s) shall be frozen and no transactions shall be permitted until the dispute is fully resolved.
In case of system failure, which may result in a failure to execute an order according to client instructions or failure to execute an order at all; whether it was a scheduled routine system maintenance or server update, or an emergent disconnection by power or network failure or any other reason; clients are kindly advised to contact the dealing desk for any enquiries.
The client acknowledges that from time to time the Company might pay a fee, commission or provide non-monetary benefits to third parties, in addition to the normal fees and commissions paid by the client. The client agrees that a reference fee may be paid to certain business consultants and introducers who introduce new clients to the Company and help to conclude and maintain the relationship between the Company and these clients. The client accepts that such inducements may be calculated based on several criteria, as for example, according to the trading volume of the client or the hits from the website and/or other digital media channels. Further information on the fee, commission, non-monetary benefit can be provided by the Company upon the client’s request.
Orbex has the right to amend, change, delete, add, and modify spreads, fees, commissions, leverage, account type, margin requirements, liquidation level (stop out level) and any offers for any accounts or any positions, at any time without a prior notice.
The latest published version of this policy on the English mirror of the company's website shall prevail.
These terms are an essential part of the customer trading agreement. Should any clause in the trading policy conflict with a clause or clauses in the customer trading agreement, the clauses herein shall prevail.
Amendments in case of a force majeure event shall be applied without prior notice
Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. Before deciding to trade foreign exchange, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, the level of experience, and risk appetite. There is a possibility that you may sustain a loss of some or all of your investment and, therefore, you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
Risks of investing in CFDs
CFDs, especially when highly leveraged (the higher the leverage of the CFD, the riskier it becomes), carry a very high level of risk. They are not standardized products. Different CFD providers have their own terms, conditions, and costs. Therefore, generally, they are not suitable for most retail investors.
Liquidity risk affects your ability to trade. It is the risk that your CFD or asset cannot be traded at the Time you want to trade (to prevent a loss, or to make a profit).
time you want to trade (to prevent a loss, or to make a profit).
Execution risk is associated with the fact that trades may not take place immediately. For example, there might be a time lag between the moment you place your order and the moment it is executed.
Internet Trading Risks
There are risks associated with utilizing an Internet-based deal execution trading system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connection. Since Orbex does not control signal power, its reception or routing via Internet, the configuration of your equipment or reliability of its connection, we cannot be responsible for communication failures, distortions or delays when trading via the Internet.
The client acknowledges and declares that he has read, understood and thus accepts without any reservation the following:
ORBEX Limited (the "Company"), whose registered office is at 6 Maximos MEchalides Str, Maximos Plaza, Tower 3, office 3501, Limassol, Cyprus, is authorized and regulated by Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission under license number 124/10.
Following the implementation of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) as well as the Investment Services and Activities and Regulated Markets Law of 2007 (Law 144(I)/2007), the Company has established a Conflicts of Interest Policy (the "Policy") in an attempt to take all reasonable steps to identify conflicts of interest between itself, including its managers, employees and tied agents, or any person directly or indirectly linked to the Company by control and its clients or between one client and another that arise in the course of providing any investment and non-core services, or combinations thereof.
The Company maintains and operates effective organizational and administrative arrangements with a view of taking all reasonable steps designed to prevent conflicts of interest from adversely affecting the interests of its clients.
Identification of Potential Conflicts of Interest
For the purposes of identifying the types of conflicts of interest that arise in the course of providing investment and non-core services or a combination thereof and whose existence may damage the interests of a client, the Company takes into account, by way of minimum criteria, the question of whether the Company or a relevant person, or a person directly or indirectly linked by control to the Company, is in any of the following situations, whether as a result of providing investment or ancillary services or investment activities:
Definition of a relevant person: means any of the following:
Managing Conflicts of Interest
The Company has established suitable and adequate internal procedures for minimizing any potential conflicts of interest. The Company maintains a compliance department that is an independent unit within the Company. Some of the duties of the compliance officer are to monitor any possible deviation from the Company's internal policies and procedures as well as identifying and managing any possible conflicts of interest. In addition, the internal audit function is outsourced to an audit firm.
The procedures followed and measures adopted in the Policy include the following, as are necessary and appropriate for the Company to ensure the requisite degree of independence:
Below, the Company states some of the policies and procedures that it has implemented for managing possible conflicts of interest:
Amendment / Review
The Company has the right to amend the current Policy at its discretion and at any time it considers is suitable and appropriate. The Company shall review and amend the current policy at least on an annual basis.
Where organizational or administrative arrangements made by the Company to manage conflicts of interest are not sufficient to ensure, with reasonable confidence, that risks of damage to client interests will be prevented, it shall clearly disclose the general nature and/or sources of conflicts of interest to the client before undertaking business on its behalf.
Any account(s), held with Orbex, without any trading activity and/or accounts that are inactive and or remain non-operational and/or holding zero balance/equity for a period of six (6) months and more, are considered by Orbex to be Dormant accounts.
Such dormant accounts will be subject to relevant charge/cost(s), relating to the maintenance/administration of such accounts. When an account is classified as dormant Orbex has the right to charge an ‘inactivity fee’ of 20 USD, 20 EUR, 20 GBP or 20 PLN (depending on the base currency of the account holder) per month, which will be charged and debited from the balance of the specific account until the account holder has the required funds available and/or until a zero balance/equity is reached. Such an ‘inactivity fee’ shall not in any case give a minus balance to the account.
Any Dormant account which continues to be dormant for a total period of twelve (12) months, is considered to be Closed on the first day after twelve (12) months of no transactions.
Both Dormant and Closed accounts will be frozen immediately, and the account holder will not be permitted to undertake any further transaction in such Dormant or Closed account.
In order for a Dormant or Closed account to be re-activated the account holder shall proceed with Orbex’ s KYC/CDD procedures and by funding his account and conducting at least one (1) trade with the Company.