USD/CAD Elliott Wave Structure is possibly revealing a Flat Pattern which seems to align with the Fibonacci measurements approximately around the 1.310 Level.
The big picture points towards the fact that USD/CAD has started a larger degree Correction labeled as Cycle Wave IV (green).
USD/CAD –Weekly Chart:
Elliott Wave Long-Term Analysis:
- 18th Jan 2016 until 2nd May 2016 – The sell-off was is labeled as Intermediate (W) (red).
- 2nd May 2016 until 1st May 2017 – Previous sell-off was corrected slowly for an entire year, this leading towards labeling the Channeling Complex Corrective as Intermediate (X) due to time cycles.
Moving in for a closer look, one may see that after the Complex Double Three in Intermediate (X) (red), the Bears gained control once more and continued the down-trend. This bearish Swing is labeled as Minor A (red).
USD/CAD –Daily Chart:
Minor A (red) finalized on 8th Sep 2017 and the Corrective Structure of Minor B (red) commenced, which is labeled as a Flat Pattern.
Minor B (red) Elliott Wave & Fibonacci Analysis:
- Flat Pattern is pointing towards the 61.8 Fibonacci Retracement of Minor A (red), which also coincides with the 100% Fibonacci Extensions of Minutes w & x (purple), but also with the 150-161.8% Fibonacci Extensions of Minuettes (a)&(b) (orange), projected levels of Minuette (c) (orange).
- For this scenario to be taken into consideration, the Fibonacci Levels would be accompanied by a Bearish Divergence.
Bearish Levels in focus:
- Moderate – 1.3100 with Invalidations @ 1.3400
- Conservative – 1.3330 with Invalidations @ 1.3600
Projected Levels – 1.2800 / 1.2500 / 1.2200 / 1.1900 / 1.1600
*The present analysis is to be treated as simple market commentary and not as an investment advice or as a solicitation to trade. Please be aware of the real risk involved by trading financial instruments.
Many pips ahead,
This material is intended for marketing/information purposes only and does not contain, and should not be construed as containing; an attempt of solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments and does not constitute investment advice or research. Past performance is not a guarantee of or prediction of future performance. The Trade Ideas are provided independently by an external third party company, PIA First Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 787261 to provide regulated products and services including Investment Advice. Registered in England & Wales, company number 07428345. Registered Office: Kemp House, 152 City Road, London EC1V 2NX. VAT number 153 646014. Copyright © 2018.
ORBEX does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation, Readers should consider the possibility that they may incur losses. ORBEX makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor any loss arising from any investment based on a recommendation, forecast or other information supplied by any employee of ORBEX, a third party or otherwise. All expressions of opinion are subject to change without notice. Any opinions made may be personal to the author and may not reflect the opinions of ORBEX. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without the prior permission of ORBEX.
This material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements promoting the independence of investment research and it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. All expressions of opinion are subject to change.