Learn how economic relations between China and Australia were developing and how China became vital for the Australian economy.
The trade relationship is now one of the key strands linking the two countries. China is Australia’s largest trading partner, in both exports and imports, while Australia is China’s sixth-largest merchandise trading partner.
Sources used in the timeline:
1. Australia-China: Not just 40 years / Economic Roundup Issue 4, 2012, Australian Government
2. Barton Deakin Brief: China-Australia Economic Relationship
3. The Australia-China Relationship / The Diplomat, May 7, 2009
4. China-Australia Relations / Lowy Institute For International Policy
5. China Market Profile /Australian Trade Commission
6. ChAFTA and rebalancing of Chinese & Australian economies /Speech to Australia / China Business Forum
7. A Brief History Of The Australian Economy Since 1901 / Australian Innovation Research Centre
This material is intended for marketing/information purposes only and does not contain, and should not be construed as containing; an attempt of solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments and does not constitute investment advice or research. Past performance is not a guarantee of or prediction of future performance. The Trade Ideas are provided independently by an external third party company, PIA First Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 787261 to provide regulated products and services including Investment Advice. Registered in England & Wales, company number 07428345. Registered Office: Kemp House, 152 City Road, London EC1V 2NX. VAT number 153 646014. Copyright © 2018.
ORBEX does not take into account your personal investment objectives or financial situation, Readers should consider the possibility that they may incur losses. ORBEX makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, nor any loss arising from any investment based on a recommendation, forecast or other information supplied by any employee of ORBEX, a third party or otherwise. All expressions of opinion are subject to change without notice. Any opinions made may be personal to the author and may not reflect the opinions of ORBEX. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without the prior permission of ORBEX.
This material has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements promoting the independence of investment research and it is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination of investment research. All expressions of opinion are subject to change.