The highly-anticipated in/out British referendum is upon us. The decision that can lead to tectonic shifts in European landscape will be taken on the 23rd of June, 2016. Meanwhile, you can register for a webinar, where Kiana Danial will share her insights on trading the ‘Brexit’ voting.
David Cameron: “So today, as we confront fresh threats and dangers to our country I am in no doubt that for Britain the European question is not just a matter of economic security, but of national security too, not just a matter of jobs and trade, but of the safety and security of our nation.”
Orbex Team has prepared a timeline, profoundly explaining the historical background of ‘Brexit’ and the economic relations between UK and Europe.
- Britain and the EU: A long and rocky relationship;
- Brit Politics: Britain and Europe;
- The Washington Post: What’s a ‘Brexit’? A guide to Britain’s E.U. drama for confused non-Europeans;
- Parliament UK: In brief: UK-EU economic relations;
- Center for European Reform: The final report of the CER commission on the UK and the EU single market. The economic consequences of leaving the EU and the EU single market;
- The Financial Times: What are the economic consequences of Brexit?
- The Business Insider: Here’s how horrific the economic fallout from a Brexit would be;
- The National Archives: How important is the European Union to UK trade and investment?
- The Economist: A background guide to “Brexit” from the European Union;
- Statista: European Union;
The UK’s independent fact-checking charity: UK jobs and the EU