Learn how economic relations between China and Australia were developing and how China became vital for the Australian economy.
The trade relationship is now one of the key strands linking the two countries. China is Australia’s largest trading partner, in both exports and imports, while Australia is China’s sixth-largest merchandise trading partner.
Sources used in the timeline:
1. Australia-China: Not just 40 years / Economic Roundup Issue 4, 2012, Australian Government
2. Barton Deakin Brief: China-Australia Economic Relationship
3. The Australia-China Relationship / The Diplomat, May 7, 2009
4. China-Australia Relations / Lowy Institute For International Policy
5. China Market Profile /Australian Trade Commission
6. ChAFTA and rebalancing of Chinese & Australian economies /Speech to Australia / China Business Forum
7. A Brief History Of The Australian Economy Since 1901 / Australian Innovation Research Centre